Children’s Workshop Highlights
Creative Expressions about Mental Health is a workshop series for children and their parents who are dealing with parental mental illness.
- Objective: To teach parents and children to talk about mental illness together in a safe, supportive, environment
- Participants: Each child is accompanied by a parent or caregiver with a psychiatric disability
- Activities: Creative therapies such as art, film, and educational activities coupled with age-appropriate psycho-education
- Facilitated by: Experienced mental health clinicians and Certified Peer Specialists, parents with “lived experience”
- Developed in partnership with: Drexel Medical College’s Creative Arts Therapies Departmentand through a grant from the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Behavioral Health
The professionally designed, curriculum-based workshops are interactive and fun and include:
- Peer socialization
- Creative arts therapies
- and more!
CFC would be happy to conduct a Creative Expressions workshop for your organization. Please contact us at 267-368-7772.