Parenting with a Mental Illness (PMI)
A curriculum-based series of workshops for parents with a mental illness.
- Objective: Teaches parents how to talk to their children about mental illness in ways that foster trust and communication with their children and promote childhood resiliency
- Participants: Parents with psychiatric disabilities
- Facilitated by: Certified Peer Specialists, parents with “lived experience” who have also been trained and certified by CFC as Certified Workshop Facilitators (CWF’s)
- Developed in partnership with: Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion
The professionally designed, curriculum-based workshops are interactive, moving, and fun and include:
- Peer socialization
- Peer support
- Topical discussions
- Informational presentations
- Role playing
- Guest speakers
- Creative arts therapies
- and much more!
CFC would be happy to conduct a PMI workshop for your organization. Please contact us at 267-368-7772.
For a copy of our brochure, please click here.